docs/71153: Doc packages install in /local0

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 30 19:10:42 UTC 2004

The following reply was made to PR docs/71153; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org>
To: Ceri Davies <ceri at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/71153: Doc packages install in /local0
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:04:58 +0200

 --sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

 On 2004.08.30 17:25:53 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
 >=20
 >=20
 > 	The prebuilt doc packages on ftp.FreeBSD.org install under
 > 	/local0; they really should go into /usr/share/doc.

 > >Fix:
 >=20
 > 	Unsure - I don't know where these packages are generated.

 That would be my cue.  The docs are build on builder.freebsd.org under
 my user account and then mirrored to ftp-master.

 The build dir on builder is /local0/docbuild so that's where that
 comes from.  I will have a look at why the packages include this path.

 Anyway, I personally don't really see the point in the doc packages,
 so I got the ftp logs from ftp.freebsd.org some time ago to see if
 they were actually being downloaded, but I got sidetracked by.. well
 everything else :-).

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen
 FreeBSD Documentation Team