Involvement

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Wed Aug 25 16:03:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 11:59:48AM -0400, Matt Juszczak wrote:
> Howdy Everyone,
>
> I'm a FreeBSD user who'd like to get involved in documentation.  I've
> noticed a lot of man pages that are out of date and need to be updated.
> Where can I get started?

Pick one of those (or five if you feel like it :), do the changes you
think need to be done, then use send-pr to submit a GNATS problem report
as described in the "Writing FreeBSD Problem Reports article" at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/
Take care to specify 'doc' as the PR category - this will automatically
send your PR to this list, and we will all be able to review it, discuss
it, and hopefully eventually bring your changes into the tree :)

You don't really have to submit your changes as direct patches to the
mdoc-format manual pages, though it is highly preferable.  However, if
you don't feel too comfortable around mdoc(7), feel free to send us just
the text of your changes, and we'll mark them up properly.

Thanks for your interest and desire to help!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
No language can express every thought unambiguously, least of all this one.