The daemon is not a religious symbol, but...

Josef El-Rayes josef at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 23 00:04:46 UTC 2004

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org>:

> I very much dislike the fact that our logo, which is an established mark of
> the FreeBSD operating system for so many years, brings up bad feelings to
> some users, but I also think I can understand that this is something that
> quickly becomes a religious war (sic) and nobody is going to accept the
> fact that they might be seeing too much in a logo that is otherwise
> unrelated to the religious belief or unbelief ot the FreeBSD developers as
> a team or as individuals.

its funny, i never experienced anyone stating his dislike of the beastie
logo, to the contrary, i noticed that beastie is very popular, quite
some people bought freebsd shirts because the liked the image of
beastie and not because of freebsd itself,
especially girls think that beastie looks very cute.

greets, josef

--
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)
Email:	  josef at daemon.li     \\\'',)