Problem with font with tetex.

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Fri Aug 20 21:08:08 UTC 2004

Can anyone help me solve a font problem with latex?
I'm getting this error building a document (my own, not a FreeBSD one):

    Font metrics written on cmex7.tfm.
    Output written on cmex7.514gf (128 characters, 26772 bytes).
    Transcript written on cmex7.log.
    mktexpk: /var/tmp/texfonts/pk/ljfour/ams/cmextra/cmex7.514pk:
    successfully generated.
    /var/tmp/texfonts/pk/ljfour/ams/cmextra/cmex7.514pk
    dvips: Font cmex7.514pk not found, characters will be left blank.
    dvips: Can't open font metric file cmex7.tfm
    dvips: I will use cmr10.tfm instead, so expect bad output.
    dvips: ! I can't find cmr10.tfm; please reinstall me with proper paths

The file cmex7.tfm is available:

    genius% locate cmex7.tfm
    /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/ams/cmextra/cmex7.tfm

Does anyone know the answer to this off the top of their heads, or can
point me in the right direction please?

thanks,
Joe
--