Manpage for snd_solo

Atte Peltomaki koston at iki.fi
Fri Aug 20 15:41:03 UTC 2004

> > > here's the solo.4 manpage as attachment, too.
> >
> > > .Dd August 20, 2004
> > > .Dt SOLO 4
> > > .Os
> > > .Sh NAME
> > > .Nm solo
> > > .Nd
> > > .Fx
> > > ESS Solo-1/1E PCI bridge device driver
> >
> > I'm not sure if makewhatis(1) or other tools that automatically extract
> > the name and description of manpages is going to be happy with .Nd being
> > split in multiple lines.  If this is a possible source of problems, we
> > can always rewrite this as:
> >
> >         .Nm solo
> >         .Nd ESS Solo-1/1E PCI bridge device driver
> >
> > since other sound drivers (i.e. gusc(4)) use this scheme already :-)
>
> Also, it's a bit implicit that the driver is for FreeBSD :-).
>
> > Otherwise this looks fine to me.  If nobody else feels like it I'll
> > commit it later tonight or early tomorrow morning (Sat Aug 21).
>
> I have a few comments (e.g. mainly there should be a HARDWARE
> section), but I'm on my way out the door now.  I will have a more
> detailed look either tonight or tommorow, so please hold with
> comitting until then.

I have been noted of the example.[1|2|4] files, and the HARDWARE
section. I did the solo.4 page based on the old csa.4 page, so any
mistakes there were directly copied over. I've never before done
anything with groff, so I'm still on a bit thin ice.

I'll regard these replies as "go ahead", so I'm starting work on
snd_* and sound manpages asap. I'm expecting to have more done
by the end of sunday.

Atte Peltomäki
http://kameli.org