Announcement of FreeBSD Chinese Simplified Documentation Translation Project

LI Dong lid at ufrima.imag.fr
Wed Oct 29 01:35:33 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am coordinator of The FreeBSD China Project, and the goal of our project
is to adapter FreeBSD to China market.

We have created a sub-project, FreeBSD Chinese Simplified Documentation
Translation Project, and the translation has been organized properly. We
have also translated some FreeBSD documents, such as web pages, handbook,
porters handbook, etc., but in SGML format now.

So, that the problem is, I have created our local CVS Repository correctly
and imported the documents translated, but I need some important information
to finish the final setup. At lest, the official name of our translation
project (stay in 'FreeBSD Chinese Simplified Documentation Translation
Project' or need make some changes to fit the policy of The FreeBSD
Project), the path name of our translation('zh' or 'zh_CN' or 'cn'). These
informations are very important, please tell me as soon as possible.

And, I noticed that one of your translation projects is Chinese
Documentation Project, currently maintained by people from Taiwan and in
Chinese Traditional. I think it should not be called Chinese Documentation
Project, but Chinese Traditional Documentation Project, because the reason
everyone knows. And I believe that split Chinese Documentation Project to
two parts, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional will take the benefits
and reflect the *respect* for both the contributors and users from China
Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Sincerely yours,
LI Dong

UFR IMA, Université Joseph Fourier http://www-ufrima.imag.fr/