docs/57434: Typo in pthread_mutex_init manpage

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Oct 1 01:00:43 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/57434; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To: Benjamin Lutz <benlutz at datacomm.ch>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: docs/57434: Typo in pthread_mutex_init manpage
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:56:37 -0400

 On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 01:23:33AM +0200, Benjamin Lutz wrote:

 > There's a typo in the pthread_mutex_init manpage. In the ERRORS section,
 > at [EAGAIN], the text reads "The temporarily lacks the resources..."
 > when it (I assume) should read "The process temporarily lacks...".
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > man pthread_mutex_init

 I checked the definition of pthread_mutex_init in:

 	-current /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_mutex.c
 	-stable /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_mutex.c

 Unless I missed something neither is capable of returning EAGAIN.
 The other errors listed in the manpage are possible. :-)

 Is there a procedure for following up on this with a developer to
 make sure I'm not mistaken?

 --
 						Ken Smith
 - From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu