docs/59736: Updating size of archives

Olafur Osvaldsson oli at isnic.is
Thu Nov 27 21:10:25 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/59736; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Olafur Osvaldsson <oli at isnic.is>
To: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/59736: Updating size of archives
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:01:16 +0000

 --bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE

 Simon,

 On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

 > Are you sure about this?  It looks wrong to me.  My local CVS repo is
 > only 2GB and from the dir.sizes file on ftp-master the tree should be
 > 126G...

 My bad, did a du on the wrong dir...the cvsup one, the ncvs is only 2G.

 > [simon at freefall:~] fetch -q -o - ftp://ftp-master.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD=
 /dir.sizes | tail -n 1
 > 132538642       .
 > [simon at freefall:~] printf 'scale=3D2\n132538642/1024/1024\n' | bc
 > 126.39

 This is for historical reasons...this value tends to be updated infrequently
 so it helps to have it above the current value but this is not at all impor=
 tant
 to me, you can decide if it is updated frequently enaugh.

 > BTW, there is no reason to CC the doc mailing list when sending docs
 > PR's.. they go here anyway :-).

 Was going to CC hubs, dunno why I put doc there  ;)

 Maybe I just need to cut down on my "spare" time and use some of it for sle=
 eping...

 /Oli

 --=20
 Olafur Osvaldsson