Redirecting the "Send a bug report" link to the article on filing PRs

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 18 21:58:25 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:25:40 +0100
"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 2003.11.18 15:46:15 -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:36:31 +0100
> > "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> > > To make the front page a bit less clobbered, I have actually been
> > > thinking about simply removing the 'Bug Reports' section of the menu,
> > > and just have a single 'Bug Reports' menuitem under the Support menu
> > > section (or some other section).  That single menu item would link to
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/support.html#gnats .  Just my opinion...
> >
> > Perhaps the front page could do with a bit of cleanup, like you mentioned.
>
> I think there is a lot of redundant links (as in, links that doesn't
> really make it simpler for users to find information) on the front page.
>
> A few weeks ago I looked shortly at trimming the front page, but I
> haven't really gotten around to looking more closely into it.
>
> I attached a small patch containing what I did then, you can use it, or
> not.

I'll use your patch as a starting point.  Perhaps we could come to
an agreement without any argument.  Expect a patch in < 24 hours

--
Tom Rhodes