Site lists in the Handbook

Alex Dupre sysadmin at alexdupre.com
Sun Nov 16 11:08:59 UTC 2003

Sunday, November 16, 2003, 1:09:04 AM, you wrote:

HS>  What do you think of moving lists of FreeBSD mirror sites into
HS>  a single place?  Currently we have such lists in index.xsl (http) and
HS>  handbook (ftp,cvsup,...), but it makes maintenance difficult especially
HS>  for the translation teams since the lists include the same information
HS>  as the English version and they are revised frequently.

HS>  I made a patch to gather the mirror lists into doc/share/sgml/mirrors.xml
HS>  and to pull it up from mirrors/chapter.sgml using XSLT.
HS>  Comments?

I haven't looked your patch in depth, but the idea is very very nice.
Maintaining the translations of such lists is really a nighmare for
translators. This solution, if it's correct like I hope, will save a
lot of time, letting translator to concentrate their efforts on
something more useful and interesting.

Alex Dupre                             sysadmin at alexdupre.com
http://www.alexdupre.com/              alex at sm.FreeBSD.org

Today's excuse: The CPU has shifted, and become decentralized.