Handbook: Using "make world" Chapter

Hiten Pandya hmp at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon May 12 11:53:41 UTC 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 04:30:58AM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> I'll take your suggestions and see what I can come up with.  I've got
> a hoard of printed pages from the handbook with scribble on them to make
> changes like:
>
> Rewrite this paragraph for clairity.
> Grammar nits here.
> Incorrect information here.
> Information ordering incorrect here.
>
> So, I'll add this to my list.  Thanks for the suggestions!

	Also, it might help if we mentioned, that the make world target
	is actually a split, ``buildworld'' and ``installworld''.  Last
	time I checked, I didn't see make world installing if the
	compilation stage failed... I may be wrong.

	It is also a bad idea to use acronyms, abbreviations, and
	command names in section and chapter titles, IMHO.

	Cheers.
		-- Hiten (hmp at FreeBSD.ORG)