Mailing lists on FreeBSD

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Mar 31 18:39:50 UTC 2003

I just looked at the Mailing List web page on FreeBSD.org and the
instructions are mostly out of date. They still refer to the majordomo
and the instructions for Mailman are much different. I don't know if
Mailman is here for good but if it is, the docs need to be updated.

In addition, you can now subscribe on line by accessing your list from

and using the online form. Thinking of all of the misplaced subcribe
messages I see, this deserved a "WOW!!". This ability also needs to be
updated on www.freebsd.org and Appendix C of the Handbook. For the most
part, a link to ../mailman/listinfo could replace the URL link to the
mailing lists on the web page.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart