txt and html versions of the handbook on ftp-master broken

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Sat Mar 29 13:44:35 UTC 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 01:32:11PM +0100, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> Yes, everything seems to be correct now.  The day after my original mail,
> the html and txt versions were ok again but the pdf versions were broken.
>
> If this is really a mirror problem, why are only certain files broken?
> E.g. the .zip versions were always ok, which is a bit stunning.

Not sure.  I've been fiddling with the config of the doc build box
(which is also my primary desktop), adding and removing ports in an
effort to get a stable KDE install (which, thanks to the efforts of wca
and lauri I now have -- Yay!) which could well have interrupted the
process.

Within doceng we're going to sort out shifting the build process to
somewhere that's a little 'calmer' in terms of system changes, to
minimise the chance of disruptions like this occuring in the future.

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \ ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/_)