[flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org: Can the FreeBSD handbook be sold?]

Nik Clayton nik at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 27 08:25:28 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 03:55:08PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:53:28 +0200
> From: Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>
> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I came across this:
>
> http://store.fultus.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_10&products_id=1
>
> These guys are selling a pdf version of the handbook for 35 bucks a pop.
> Is that legal? Because, if it is, I'll wget the online doc, pipe it to a
> pdf creator and sell it for $25 ;-P
>
> I'm just curious about the status of documentation.

As long as the copyright, conditions, and disclaimer are included, as
described at:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ln17.html

there's no problem.  This is no different from a multitude of
organisations producing FreeBSD CDs or DVDs and selling those.

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \ ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/_)