56k PCI modem configuration

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 6 03:23:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:50:56 -0500
"Richard Mika" <rmika at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I installed FreeBSD 4.7 with KDE windows having a problem to configure internal 56K USR modem
> recognised by system (sio1 moving to sio4). How should I rebuild the kernel?

Hello Richard,

This list is normally used for FreeBSD documentation.  But I'll try
to give you some hints on where what docs you want to read for
this.

First off, the handbook has an in depth chapter on working with
PPP and modems.  You can view this information here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ppp-and-slip.html

And for configuring your kernel, you can check:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Hope this helps.  If you require more help, please try the FreeBSD-questions
mailing list:

FreeBSD-questions at FreeBSD.org

Take care,

--