docs/52514, Bluetooth Handbook Chapter

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Sun Jun 1 12:10:17 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/52514; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at nitro.dk>
To: Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: docs/52514, Bluetooth Handbook Chapter
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 14:05:51 +0200

 --cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

 On 2003.06.01 04:50:18 -0700, Pav Lucistnik wrote:

 >  > +      <para>You can choose any PIN you like.  Note that some devices,=
  like
 >  > +        headsets, have a fixed PIN built in.  Start <command>hcsecd -=
 d</command>.
 >  > +        The <option>-d</option> switch forces the daemon to stay in t=
 he
 >  > +        terminal and not fork to the background, so we can see what i=
 s happening.
 >  > +        Set the remote device to receive pairing and initiate the HCI=
  connection
 >  > +        to the remote device.  The remote device should say that pair=
 ing was
 >  > +        accepted, and let you enter the PIN.  Enter the same PIN as y=
 ou have in your
 >  > +        <filename>hcsecd.conf</filename>.  Now your PC and remote dev=
 ice are paired.
 >  > +        Alternatively, you can initiate pairing on the remote device.
 >  > +        This will appear in the <command>hcsecd</command> output:</pa=
 ra>
 >  >=20
 >  > 		Use &man.hcsecd.8; ?
 > =20
 >  I already have this one paragraph before. What's the policy in
 >  situations like this, when the name of a command repeats many times in a
 >  short section of the text - should we use man entities everywhere, or
 >  should we use it only in the first appearance and leave rest alone?

 There was recently added a note about this to section 4.2.5.4 of FDP
 Primer:

 When referring to the same command multiple times in close proximity it
 is preferred to use the &man.command.section; notation to markup the
 first reference and use <command> to markup subsequent references. This
 makes the generated output, especially HTML, appear visually better.
 </FDP quote>

 Of course the definition of "close proximity" is very open. Try
 compiling it and see how it looks.

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen

 --cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM