Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

Hiroki Sato hrs at
Mon Dec 29 20:29:33 UTC 2003


 I put a new patchset[*] to fix both of the month name and
 the sort order problem.  Alex and Martin, thanks for the report
 of de_DE.ISO8859-1 and it_IT.ISO8859-15.  However, I am still
 afraid about if the order in Russian docs are properly or not.
 If anyone tried, please let me know. 

 In a new patchset, <group> container is added to transtable.xml to
 support number-to-monthname translation.  We can now use the following

 <xsl:call-template name="transtable-lookup">
    <xsl:with-param name="word-group" select="'country'" />
    <xsl:with-param name="word" select="'USA'" />

 in www/*.xsl files.  This template was used internal only,
 but moved into doc/share/sgml/transtable-common.xsl and can
 be used thorough www/share/sgml/includes.xsl to translate a word
 on the fly.  For example, a word group "number-month" is used
 for converting "1" to "January" (of course this is not limited
 to English).  Adding more groups, we can do word-by-word translation
 more easily.

 The tarball contains core and language dependent diffs.
 Try and if you noticed a problem such as build breakage,
 please let me know.  Since structure of transtable.xml is changed,
 we have to switch it at once.  So I put sample patches to
 the tarball to let the translation teams know what kind of
 changes are needed, while I (hrs at am not planning
 to commit directly the patches except for Japanese.

 Any comments are welcome.  If there is no obvious objection,
 I think I will tidy up and commit it.


| Hiroki SATO
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the freebsd-doc mailing list