Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

Martin Horcicka horcicka at freebsd.cz
Mon Dec 15 15:24:43 UTC 2003

Hi,

I can see two problems that are related to recent structural changes:

1. I can't find any way how to sort the list of web mirrors in the pop-up menu
on the home page using any other ordering than English. I guess the problem is
in the template html-index-mirrors-options-list defined in
www/share/sgml/includes.misc.xsl but I have no idea how to solve it.

2. Database advisories.xml was moved from www/en/security to www/share/sgml
but it contains language dependent data (month names) in English and there is
no system for their translation to other languages. (In fact, it was only
copied to www/share/sgml because it still exists in www/en/security but has
obsolete content.) The result is e.g. English date above recent advisories on
the Japanese home page.

Have I missed something? Could someone (Hiroki?) have a look at it?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion better care should be taken for separating language dependent
and shared data.

Martin