writing of japanese names

Jun Kuriyama kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp
Fri Dec 12 02:43:45 UTC 2003

At Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:49:29 +0000 (UTC),
Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> I wonder what's the correct way of writing japanese names. I see a lot
> of "UMENO Takashi" (CAPITALS Normal), but I see "Umeno Takashi" (Normal
> Normal) too.. What's the correct way, and should be unify contributors
> article, where both ways are excercised?

Hmm, I usually write my name as "Jun Kuriyama" in English.  In
Japanese, order of names is family name and given name, so someone
like to order as "Kuriyama Jun" in English.  But this would be
confusing for English speaker which is the family name.  Then, someone
like to spell ones name as "KURIYAMA Jun" to emphasis family name.

I'm not sure which should be used, but I prefer my style. :-)

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama at FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project