port maintainers not in contrib.additional.sgml

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 8 00:39:23 UTC 2003

V po, 08. 12. 2003 v 01:32, Mike Patterson píše:

> > Rather than maintainer field you should pursue Whom: from port Makefiles
> > headers.
>
> Not that it really matters to me, but if somebody contributes a port and
> then drops it, and somebody else takes it over, why should that somebody
> else not get credit for that, if credit is to be assigned?  Maintaining
> is just as important as the original submission, no?

I misunderstood your point. I was under impression you only want to
complete the list by adding missing entries under current "rules" [1].

If you're about to add all authors *and* maintainers than it's
completely different question.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org>