Documentation of major changes to the ports collection

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Dec 3 18:37:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 04:09:58PM +0100, Erwin Lansing wrote:

> Although I'm all that happy about starting two new documents, I keep
> running into problems with how to combine the best of both worlds
> and perhaps the best would be both. One plaintext UPDATING-style where
> all ports-committers can add items for developers to and one relnotes-style,
> which rotates at each release and is published at the website more oriented
> at users.

You're thinking about only two?  ;-)

Thoughts on having a third special one that is much more visible that
lists security fixes?  Speaking with my day job hat on I'm not *real*
interested in constantly updating ports on lots of machines, I tend
to do it at OS release times.  But I'm much more interested in knowing
when security issues in ports get addressed, for example the recent
screen(1) issue.

Sorry, just a thought.  :-(

--
						Ken Smith