RFC: Restructure of the front page

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 1 20:08:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:58:35 +0100
Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes at daemon.li> wrote:

> Tom Rhodes <trhodes at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > > i was wondering why you removed the events link from
> > > the frontpage, is there a certain reason?
>
> > Because that information, in my opinion, is redundant.  Everything
> > in that area can be found on the right side under the 4.9 links.
>
> hmm, i have the feeling we are talking about 2 different things here.
>
> i was actually talking about the link to the events page, where we list all freebsd related events, like
> conferences. why is this redundant with the news/press
> section which does (should) not cover the events,
> which get seperately listed at www.freebsd.org/events/?

Your a bit correct and a bit off.  Yet, we could be thinking two
completely different things here.  What I mean is, we don't need
two areas for press/news/events.  The events section should be
moved over under the Project News section.  I think that conferences
should be considered 'Project News', don't you?  :)

> sorry if i just misunderstood your answer.

Oh its fine, email is not the 'best' form of communication.  Are
we on the same wavelink now?

--
Tom Rhodes