Wifi IPsec Freebsd Windows

Jim Brown jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Mon Dec 1 03:11:35 UTC 2003

* Timothy Ham <tham at nth-order.com> [2003-11-26 11:42]:
> Hello,
>
> I have written a step by step guide to setting up a secure wifi
> connection using IPsec between a FreeBSD gateway and a Windows laptop.
> I sent it out to the -questions mailing list, and someone suggested that I
> should submit it to the -doc team.
>
> The guide can be found here for review:
> http://sahara.lbl.gov/~tham/wifi-ipsec.txt
>
> I would welcome any feedback.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Tim,

I read your guide at http://sahara.lbl.gov/~tham/wifi-ipsec.txt.

Your guide is a good start towards a new handbook section on setting
up an IPSec VPN access point as you describe.  In fact, it might
fit well with
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html
as a "Scenario #2" (which doesn't yet exist).

Hiten Pandya wrote the "Scenario #1" in that section and may
be open to incorporating your text as another scenario.

To move this along, I've reworked your text into the slightly more
formal style preferred for article and handbook submissions.

The revised text is available at:
http://sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net/wifi/tham.txt

Please check the revised text for technical accuracy in case
I messed up something.  I don't have a wireless access point
to check it myself.

If it's accurate, let me know and I'll mark it up and repost a
link.

Best Regards,
jpb
===