Sec. 9.10 of FAQ confusing

tburress at sjca.edu tburress at sjca.edu
Thu Aug 14 23:22:02 UTC 2003

Section 9.10 of the FAQ "How can I use the NT loader to boot FreeBSD?" is
a bit too confusing.  As far as fbsd existing on the same drive as NT, it
makes sense, but when fbsd is on another drive, the FAQ makes it sound as
if /boot/boot1 shouldn't be used at all, and that /boot/boot0 should be
used only after certain steps are taken.  However, doing this has led to
disaster for me and at least one other person
http://listserver.uk.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-users/2000-June/001491.html
has made the same error, though he has more experience than me.  The way
he tells it, /boot/boot0 should never be copied.  If this is the case,
there definately should be a warning in the FAQ.  If it should be
/boot/boot0 and I messed something else up, then perhaps it could be more
clear.