docs/55122: Handbook should mention that gdbe can't be used with vinum volumes

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 13 14:11:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:41:27 +0200
"Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 2003.08.13 15:18:23 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 12 August 2003 at 13:08:15 -0700, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > > Synopsis: Handbook should mention that gdbe can't be used with vinum volumes
> > >
> > > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-doc->simon
> > > Responsible-Changed-By: simon
> > > Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Aug 12 13:07:47 PDT 2003
> > > Responsible-Changed-Why:
> > > I will handle this one.
> >
> > Please close the PR.  We don't document -CURRENT; we document -STABLE.
> > Until things have finished developing, there's no way to know what can
> > be used with what.
>
> Actually we document both the latest 5.X and 4.X releases in the
> handbook, otherwise there would be no mention of 5.X only features like
> gbde.

Greg has a valid point; however, because it could 'just not be complete'.

A simple note "As of this writing, gdbe cannot work with Vinum volumes."
I can see how making the note would definatly be documenting for 5.X,
but it should not be some huge paragraph.

--
Tom Rhodes