-doc/bugs issue/question

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 11 17:00:57 UTC 2003

Greetings,

This is a simple question/issue I've been thinking of:

Many people submit patches in their PRs; however, many of them are
not applied because they are submitted for a stable branch and
many developers simply lack the time to merge it into current.

Perhaps in our PR/bugs documentation, we could recommend that:

A patch against the CURRENT or HEAD CVS branch is preffered since
all new code should be applied and tested first.  After
appropriate or substational testing has been done, the code will
be merged/migrated to the STABLE branch.

What is the general opinion of the -doc team on this?

--
Tom Rhodes