docs/55397:

Bruce A. Mah bmah at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 8 20:00:35 UTC 2003

The following reply was made to PR docs/55397; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: bmah at FreeBSD.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To: Kirill Ponomarew <krion at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah at FreeBSD.org>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: docs/55397:
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:53:14 -0700

 --==_Exmh_553242172P

 If memory serves me right, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:

 > This can be quite useful if you want to go on and learn
 > something like Common Lisp, as it is considerably smaller than
 > Common Lisp.
 >
 > I mean this sentence doesn't make too much sense for me ;-)

 OK.  The original meaning of the sentence is correct but it's just very
 unclear (your patch actually changed the meaning of the sentence).  How
 about:

 Working with Emacs Lisp can be quite helpful if you want to go on and
 learn something like Common Lisp.  Emacs Lisp has many features of
 Common Lisp, although it is considerably smaller and thus easier to
 master.

 (This changes the meaning of the sentence too, but it's consistent with
 my understanding of the situation.)

 Bruce.

 --==_Exmh_553242172P

 --==_Exmh_553242172P--