cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/smp Makefile article.sgml doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books Makefile doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook Makefile book.sgml chapters.ent mac.ent doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/smp chapter.sgml doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook ...

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 7 15:13:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:08:46 -0400 (EDT)
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 06-Aug-2003 Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > simon       2003/08/06 16:48:04 PDT
> >
> >   FreeBSD doc repository

[SNIP FILES]

> >   Log:
> >   o Split the FreeBSD Developers Handbook into two books:
> >
> >     - FreeBSD Architecture Handbook, which is a book about the FreeBSD
> >       architecture.  The SMP article have also been moved into the new
> >       arch handbook as a separate chapter.
>
> I wished you had asked me about this.  It really should have replaced the
> locking chapter.
>
> >     - FreeBSD Developers Handbook, which is a book about developing on
> >       FreeBSD; basically what was left when the architecture parts was
> >       moved away.
> >
> >   o Hook up the new FreeBSD Architecture Handbook to the build.
> >
> >   o Remove the SMP article since it is now part of the FreeBSD
> >     Architecture Handbook.
>
> The SMP article wasn't a hooked up part of the build prior to this and
> now it is.  :-/

IIRC, Simon was not subscribed to the -doc mailing list when this
was discussed, was he?

--
Tom Rhodes