FreeBSD's very own desktop environment

Allen goreZauberer at comcast.net
Thu Nov 8 19:11:56 UTC 2012

> It would be a cool project, but also a HUGE one to undertake. We would
> be all for including a BSD-Based desktop, but for the long-term I
> doubt it could have all the features of the various DEs, such as KDE,
> GNOME, XFCE, LXDE, etc, so that would mean we have to keep offering
> all of the above in order to not leave anybody out :)

For whatever it may be worth, I personally LOVE the idea of having a
FreeBSD based Desktop Environment. I think it would be sweet. I use a
lot of different Desktops and X Window Managers, and I'd totally be
into a new one for FreeBSD.

I use everything from FVWM, to FVWM2 and FVWM Crystal, Gnome, KDE,
Enlightenment (Both E16 and E17) and all the others too. I think I
install so many because I like the choice of it all; When I log in,
sometimes I want KDE3, which I have loaded right now on this machine,
but I may have something else loaded on another machine, or, if I feel
like trying something else out, or, I go to my old stand by things like
Window Maker and Enlightenment, I do so.