Preparing an Oracle Database XE port/package -- any tips ?

Rink Springer rink at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 7 14:56:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 04:36:56PM +0200, Adrian Penisoara wrote:
>   After having to deploy an Oracle Database XE [1] installation (with Linux
> 32bit binaries from the official RPM package) on a production FreeBSD
> 6.2machine I realized it would be very much feasible to produce a
> FreeBSD
> port/package for it.
>   I would like to know whether similar efforts have been undergoing and
> whether people came up with some tips & tricks on this.

We run Oracle XE on two FreeBSD 6.3 machines at work - we've just
manually set it up, but are very interested in a port of it. We did
the same as you basically - just uncompress it and move the files in
place.

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Anyway boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes doesn't