Oracle SQL Developer

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Sun Jan 13 13:00:08 PST 2008

Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> martinko wrote:
>> Hallo,
>>
>> Would someone care to port Oracle's SQL Developer to FreeBSD, please ?
>>
>> <http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/sql_developer/index.html>
>>

>> Many thanks in advance!
>
> There is actually nothing to port, just download the non-JRE platform
> independent zip file, unpack and run "bash sqldeveloper" from
> sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin directory.
>
> Works for me (7.0-BETA3 on amd64, self-compiled sun jdk15 from ports).
>
> --Marcin

Well,

I've tried it on 6-STABLE (6.2.something) and it got stuck at splash
screen.  Btw, I've noticed output like this in terminal:

expr: illegal option -- X
usage: expr [-e] expression
expr: illegal option -- D
usage: expr [-e] expression

Also, all the scripts use #!/bin/bash which doesn't work in FreeBSD.
And I'd like to install it in /usr/local/... so that all users can use
it and it can be included in portaudit checks and checked for upgrades
via ports system, etc etc.

Thanks,

Martin