How can you tell what options have been used for a pkg_add install of Mysql VS ports

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Tue Feb 27 05:15:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Nicole Harrington wrote:

 >  If you install Mysql (say mysql5-server) via pkg-add
 > - how can you tell what options it was compiled with?
 >
 >  I guess this applies to any pkg that is installed, vs
 > a port that has many opions for compilation.

IIRC from what Kris Kennaway said, and my own experience pkg_add'ing
PHP5 only to discover the standard build didn't include mod_php5 (duh),
packages are built with default options, just as you'll see selected if
you run 'make config' in the equivalent port's directory in /usr/ports.

 >  Also, any port or general compilation or runtime
 > option suggestions for Mysql5?

Sorry, can't help with that; I tend to use packages myself (slow cpu but
reasonable net connection), and haven't checked MySQL's default options.

Cheers, Ian