MySQL 4.1 SIGBUS failiure with FreeBSD 6.0

Justin Bastedo justin.bastedo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:19:32 UTC 2006

There was also this thread on ther freebsd-database list a while back.

couldn't search through the actual freebsd site for some reason but
google found it.

There the author said dropping back down to 4.11 seemed to solve the
problem. I am running a MySQL 5 server on a dual, dualcore amd 64
system with a max queries persecond i think we hit was in the 200 -
300 range. If I remember back to the conversations then, I think the
problem started to surface at about 500 or so queries persecond. I
haven't had any problems with MySQL 5 and I really think its worth the
step up. It seems some people at MySQL looked into the problem for
that thread I linked to but i don't know if any type of solution was
found on the MySQL side. It just seems the 4.x doesn't like the high
loads on FreeBSD for some reason.

--
Justin Bastedo At Gmail Dot Com
http://www.thebastedo.com