Oracle 9i on FreeBSD 4.10

Mathias Samuelson mathias.samuelson at proact.se
Thu Oct 7 00:54:50 PDT 2004

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install Oracle 9i on FreeBSD 4.10, following the
instructions on http://www.shadowcom.net/freebsd-oracle9i/ although that
link is for 5.x.

When I execute the runInstaller, java crashes with the following message:

bash-2.05b# cat hs_err_pid3410.log

Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x8067d6a
Function name=(N/A)
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
       just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
       reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:

Dynamic libraries:
Can not get information for pid = 3410

Local Time = Thu Oct  7 09:32:44 2004
Elapsed Time = 36
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error : 11
# Error ID : 4F530E43505002C4
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.3.1_02-b02 mixed mode)
#

I've seen this behaviour previously with "linux" java applications that
bundle a jre, and in that case the solution was to refer the application
to the native FreeBSD jre. However I can't find a way to this for the
runInstaller.

Is the anyone out there who has managed to do this exercise? How did you
circumvent the problem I'm seeing?

Fyi, I failed to install devel/linux_devtools-7 since it reports:
===>  linux_devtools-7.1_3 is marked as broken: Missing dependency.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mathias