oracle 9.2.0.4 client on freebsd 5.3

eodyna eodyna at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 21 23:57:41 GMT 2004

hi there,

i followed this guide.

http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200402/oracle.html

i ran
/compat/linux/bin/bash \
        /data01oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/root.sh
which is that scripty thing :)

and i also created an arch directory prior tothe
install. but that doesn't seam fix this problem

bash-2.05b$ pwd
/compat/linux/bin
bash-2.05b$ ls -lsa | more
   2 -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       35 Nov 18 14:19
arch

bash-2.05b$ more arch
#!/compat/linux/bin/bash
echo i686

any other ideas?

ps: im not on the list, so if you can include me in on
the cc that would be great.

ta.
 --- Dan Nelson <dnelson at allantgroup.com> wrote:
> In the last episode (Nov 19), eodyna said:
> > I am having trouble starting Oracle Enterprise
> Manger on Freebsd 5.3
> >
> > I have succesfully installed the client. Yay for
> me :) After the
> > client installation, the net assist was run and
> oem was automatically
> > started. (so i kinda know it works)
> >
> > WHen i try to run oemapp from the command line
> (logged in as oracle)
> > i get the following error message
> >
> > bash-2.05b$ oemapp
> > expr: syntax error
> > jre was not found in

/data01/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin//data01/oracle/jre/1.1.8/bin/../bin/i686/native_threads/jre

http://au.movies.yahoo.com