MySQL with LinuxThreads under FreeBSD 5.x?

Andrew Boothman andrew at cream.org
Sun Jan 18 10:08:49 PST 2004

Jan Stary wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there any use under FreeBSD 5.x for having MySQL compiled
> WITH_LINUXTHREADS? I only have one processor (does it have
> anything to do with that?), running 5.1, and 256MB of memory.
>
> Are there some benchmarks published wrt this?

I believe that is still the recommended way to run MySQL under FreeBSD yes.

Have a look at
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#FreeBSD
and http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000697.html

FreeBSD 5.x has got some good stuff going on with threading libraries,
but it's not ready for mainstream use yet.

Andrew