CVSWEB rev problem

Rick van der Zwet info at rickvanderzwet.nl
Mon Feb 7 18:38:39 UTC 2011

On 7 February 2011 15:22, Paco <kurgancito at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Ive installed cvsweb with rancid. All seems ok. Rancid gets configs every
> night without problem, but... when I take a look over revisions in cvsweb,
> most of files keep old revision numer, I mean... some of them keeps 1.2 ,
> 1.3 but there are some other with the correct version number. What could be
> the reason of that?

This is slightly off-topic and does not have to do with cvsweb that
much. With cvsweb you can see the revision logs of your CVS repository
in a webinterface and has nothing to do with your issue.

CVS  uses file based revision numbers, so all files could have a
different version number. Also the nature of a 'Version Control
System' says: ``if the file did not change the file will not be
updated and commited''

Keeping this in mind you will see files with are not updated (by
rancid in your case) not getting the version number bumped.

Br. /Rick
--
http://rickvanderzwet.nl