CVSWEB show only directories

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sun Jul 13 10:46:35 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 17.06.2008, 13:48 -0500 schrieb Pablo Barriga:
> Hello, I recently instaled Rancid and then I wanted to publish the
> configurations of my router on the CVSWEB application, the application run
> but it only show the directories but none of the configs files, please any
> help would be great.
>
> And also when I tried to open the CVS folder I am getting
>
> Error: Failed to spawn GNU rlog on *
> "/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/networking/router.db,v"*.
>
> Did you set the *@command_path* in your configuration file correctly?
> (Currently: "/bin:/usr/bin")

Late, bot hopefully not too late: Enable debugging and check your
webserver log. This should give you more information, which command your
server tries to execute. cvsweb first checks, if a command is found in
one of the paths in @command_path and then executes this command. In the
recent Perl 5.10 there is a bug which leads to a failing test in cvsweb,
so the command is not found, even if it is in one of the paths. Of
course maybe you just need to extend @command_path to find the
command(s) on your system.

Regards, Daniel