Can not check up file from "DownLoad" Button at cvsweb

WingHong Lam francislamwinghong at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 23 00:38:54 UTC 2007

HI

I need help on cvsweb.

I have just installed a version of cvsweb and found it does not work for me. The same version is working fine on another server which setup years ago.

I traced the cvsweb.cgi and find it can not check out the file (CVSROOT/checkoutlist) from the following command:

open(CO, "cvs co -p $recopt '$where' 2>&1 |") || ....

The message came back was:
Error:Unexpected output from cvs co: cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid: 'CVSROOT/checkoutlist'

Did I missed something?

Francis