Cvsweb with cvsnt problems

Larsson Mattias Mattias.Larsson at lm.se
Thu Oct 6 03:29:16 PDT 2005

Hi there!

We are running CVSNT version 2.5.01 and cvsweb 3.0.6 but we are having some
problems with this setup.

We run on a Solaris 9 machine with Perl 5.8.0 from sunfreeware.

Our problems are that certain files names with '-' in the filename makes
rlog crap out and in turn gives "Can't spawn GNU rlog" error in webcvs, this
I guess is really a problem with rlog and cvsnt but I might ask if anyone
here knows about this and any sollution to it.

The second problem is a bit wierd, when browsing some directories only 1/4
of the files show up on webcvs, it's more than sometimes it's rather often.
I have checked and searched for this on the net but can't find anything
about it.

The files all have the same permissions and owner/group and the naming
doesn't seem to matter, in a folder with 50 files only 10 shows up and I
can't really understand why. checking the folder on the server or via a
CVS-client works ok and all files are accounted for, but not via cvsweb.

I don't really know how to describe this any better but if anyone have any
ide about this please let me know.

// Mattias Larsson