cvsGraph error,

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Mar 30 22:48:52 PST 2005

On 03/31/05 00:22, Vinodh Srinivasan wrote:
>  I have configured and installed a user-wide copy of vsgraph with
> viewCVS but get the following error "error while loading shared
> libraries: libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory ". I have tried to even set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /gd/lib/
> but no luck. My question is should libgd.so.2 be created as a
> system-wide library (moved to /usr/local/lib) or does cvsgraph allow
> user-wide library installation?.
> thanks
> vinodh

Moving it to /usr/local/lib (thus making it system-wide) is probably the
quickest way to get up and running, but you should be able to get it
working on a more limited basis also.  I would recommend looking into
the cvsgraph configure args, specifically --with-gd-inc and
--with-gd-lib.  Use the appropriate paths, recompile cvsgraph, and see
if that works.

Note that there are similar configure args for freetype2, jpeg, png, and
z.  If you have not installed these libraries system-wide, you may need
to set the appropriate paths for them as well.

Unless you have a compelling reason not to (for example, security with
multiple virtual hosts), installing these libraries system-wide is your
best bet as it simplifies maintenance.

Jon