Cvsweb enhancements

Ville Skyttä scop at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 1 09:15:21 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 15:38 -0700, Ross, Bryan M wrote:

> Your cvsweb script has been very useful in our processes. A little while
> back, I threw together an added feature: beside each folder is displayed
> the Rev., Age, Author, and Last log entry information for the most
> recently changed file in that directory. Our users have grown to like
> that feature, which has us in a bit of a bind. We want to download your
> latest updates, but we don't want to give up that feature.
>
> My improvements are rough and not necessarily 100 percent reliable, and
> I don't have the time to incorporate them into each new script you
> release, so I am requesting that you incorporate this feature into your
> standard releases. It can be very helpful to tell at a glance which
> files in multiple packages (folders) have been changed most recently.

Unless I'm missing something, this feature has been included in
FreeBSD-CVSweb already for a long time.  I'd suggest trying out the
latest release (currently 3.0.5, see
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/cvsweb.html ), and taking a look at the
$show_subdir_lastmod option in cvsweb.conf.

> For what it is worth, I am enclosing the modified version we are using
> (Version 1.28).

That version seems to be actually Henner Zeller's version 1.112, but
anyway it's so old that tracking what your exact changes are compared to
the unmodified version will be hard, if not impossible since I don't
know if the unmodified version is available from anywhere any more.  But
before spending time digging in historical versions, please take a look
at the latest FreeBSD-CVSweb and see if it already implements what
you're looking for.