[BUG] download link doesn't work if path has spaces.

Jon Noack noackjr at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:41:59 PDT 2005

On 3/14/2005 10:00 AM, Klas Eriksson wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 23:12, Russell Francis wrote:
>>>I am using CVSweb 3.0.1 and discovered that if any file contained in a
>>>CVS module has a space character in it's path, the download link will
>>>fail to download the file.
>>
>>Known issue, fixed in the current version of CVSweb, 3.0.2.scape($revision);
>
> Still a bug in 3.0.5, but on the "CVS log" page .
> Click 'download', then space is encoded as "+", not "%20".

Klas,
I am unable to recreate this issue.  Every download link I can find
encodes spaces as "%20".  In my testing I created files with spaces
inside of directories with spaces and had no problems.  Can you provide
a link that shows the issue or a more detailed procedure for how to
recreate it?

Note that CVSweb uses URI::Escape to do the actual encoding.  You might
want to check that you have the most recent version (URI 1.35 includes
URI::Escape 3.28; these are the versions I am using):
http://search.cpan.org/dist/URI/
http://www.freshports.org/net/p5-URI/

Regards,
Jon