Linking to latest revision of a file

VilleSkyttä scop at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 20 11:36:32 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 17:38, Rob Evans wrote:

> CVSweb is up and running, but what I would like to do is link to "the
> newest" revision of files from a separate HTML page.  In other words, a
> link along the lines of the following (but which actually works):
>
>   http://<server>/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/<filename>?rev=HEAD

Hm, *that* should actually work.  Ditto for "?rev=."  It's a bug in
CVSweb 3.0, but works in 2.0.x; will take a look.

If you want to checkout the latest revision of a file (ie. not show the
HTMLized source etc), this should work in all CVSweb versions:

   http://<server>/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/path/to/filename