Wrong pathes in commit logs of some files

Rostislav Krasny rosti_bsd at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 10:03:17 PDT 2004

--- Ville Skyttä <scop at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 16:58, Rostislav Krasny wrote:
>
> > After any CVS commit is commited an email with the commit log is
> > sent to the cvs-all@ and to one of following three: cvs-src@,
> > to changed, added or deleted files. The FreeBSD mailing lists
> > archive located at http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/ converts these
> > pathes to links to file diffs at CVSWEB. Most of the links are
> > right but sometimes they are wrong, probably because of wrong
> > pathes. Look at following examples:
> [...]
>
> If I understood this correctly, this has nothing to do with CVSweb
> itself, as it's the URLs generated by whatever HTMLizes those
> messages which are wrong.  I'd suggest trying to find and fix that
> script, and/or notifying its author.

IMHO the problem is in the script that generate a commit log messages
and not in the mailing list archive script that only convert the pathes
to URLs of CVSweb. Such a message is sent to cvs-all@ after every
commit. Sometime there is a wrong path of a file that was changed. I'm
not a commiter and I don't know what is this script. I send my previos
email to the cvsweb@ because I didn't find any other mailing list
related to FreeBSD Project CVS in general. Should I resend it to some
other mailing list or to CVS administrator?