Permissions Issue

Reuben Balik rbalik110 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 17:02:45 PDT 2003

I am having a problem with CVSweb and would appreciate
any help that you guys can give me on this issue.

CVSweb seems to be configured correctly.  It displays
the repository fine and lists all files, but when I
try to download I get the following message:

Error: Unexpected output from cvs co:
opendir(/home/theguy/CVSforProject/..): Permission
denied at /var/www/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi line 1837 cvs
checkout: CVSROOT is set but empty! Make sure that the
cvs checkout: specification of CVSROOT is valid,
either via the cvs checkout: `-d' option, the CVSROOT
environment variable, or the cvs [checkout aborted]:
CVS/Root file (if any).

I'm sorry if this is posted to the wrong list.  (if it
is, can someone let me know where I should post it)

Thanks,
--Reuben Balik