cvsweb and binary files

daniel.wallner at bredband.net daniel.wallner at bredband.net
Thu Jun 26 10:33:03 PDT 2003

> Could you give it a try and let me know how it looks to you?  Note that
> MIME::Types(3) will now be used in the type lookup if it's available.

Seems to work almost perfectly, once I changed the path to mime.types.
I didn't have MIME::Types installed so I didn't test that.
It might be a good idea to mention MIME::Types and mime.types in INSTALL though.
But I guess you have already thought of this.

I changed my mind about the view and download links changing behaviour
depending on if the file is viewable or not. I left that alone this time.
Although the current behaviour apparently is confusing to some, it is probably
more elegant the way it is done now.
Opinions anyone?

I did however change another thing to make it behave like I wanted it to:
menubar should be added to line 3628.
If it isn't, it's not obvious how to save the file you just downloaded.
The behaviour is even more odd for html files, then you get the toolbar and
the status bar, but not any menu.

I also have a feature request.
It would be nice with a search function in cvsweb.
I did this as a separate cgi script but it would be more practical if it was
integrated into cvsweb.
Just run find -name from the current directory and parse the output to
get links back into cvsweb.

And a side note: The long intro in cvsweb.conf isn't correct.
Selecting a revision number doesn't always download the file.
Although more often now when the mime type is correct.

Regards,
Daniel Wallner