annotate error

VilleSkyttä scop at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 23 16:12:29 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 19:16, Edward Quick wrote:

> Annotation of proxy/wte_logon_ldap/authcache.c, Revision 1.2
>
> Error
> Error: Error occured during annotate: error
>
> Could anyone help me out please? (I am a cvs newbie).

The first thing to check would be your web server's error log, often eg.
/var/log/httpd/error_log.  It probably contains a more descriptive error
message.

Annotation problems are usually caused by missing configuration or file
permissions.  See the commentary near $allow_annotate in cvsweb.conf.
The next FreeBSD-CVSweb version won't require any special permissions
for annotate to work.

HTH,
--
\/ille Skyttä