Showing Readme.cvs in the description of Directory listings

Oliver Schoenwald Oliver.Schoenwald at FernUni-Hagen.de
Tue Apr 15 07:10:25 PDT 2003

Hi,

ok, that's what I wanted to know. Well, I just added that feature into
my current
installation of cvsweb and it works exactly as I wanted it to work. If
there is interest,
this feature can added easily to cvsweb.cgi.
I added a simple sub function basing on the doCheckout-function of
cvsweb.cgi,
which is called within the normal directory listing output routine. If
you define a certain
configuration variable in cvsweb.conf (which defines the name for the
description
file that should be looked for and shown; in my case, Readme.cvs), whenever
this file is contained in the currently shown directory, its content is
printed in addition
to the other content of the listing. I use that new feature to prepare
certain html-pages
(one for every directory with important content) where I give certain
infos about
the content of that directory. The only problem is that, if you put
broken html-tags
into that file, you will most possibly disrupt the other html-output for
the directory listing.

If there is interest in that feature, how can I add this to the current
version for the other
people?

Ciao,

Oliver