Showing Readme.cvs in the description of Directory listings

Oliver Schoenwald Oliver.Schoenwald at FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu Apr 10 05:25:15 PDT 2003

Hello to everyone,

I have been using cvsweb for some time now with my own project.
Some time ago I saw something interesting: the W3C uses cvsweb,
too, but there it seems to have some added feature: when there
is a file named Readme.cvs in the directory shown, the content
of that file is shown automatically together with the short
description at the beginning of the page.

I took a look into the cvsweb source code (version 2.0.6) and
couldn't locate anything that implemented something like that.

Does someone know if that feature is part of some other
implementation of cvsweb or did I just miss some configuration
to activate that feature?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Schönwald